Loved by God.

My photo
Chicago, IL, United States
* It's good to suffer loss, for it draws me to the Cross where God's loss is more than what anyone ever lost. * We cannot hear what the stories of the Bible are saying until we hear them as stories about ourselves. * Let go of control. * Trust God. Thank God. Think about God. Talk to God. Talk about God.

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Why It's NOT The Nail

Since posting "It's Not About The Nail," a question was asked, "Can you give an example?" My sermon on Cain and Abel explains how our "deeper" sins hide beneath our conscious awareness, causing all of us to have "blind spots."

Can you identify with any of these statements?
  • "I'm not a Pharisee. I can just see and feel how sinful other people are."
  • "I'm not bitter. I'm just expressing moral righteous outrage."
  • "I'm not flirtatious. I'm just friendly."
  • "I'm not a glutton. I just enjoy food."
  • "I'm not good-minded. I'm just a nice person."
  • "I'm not lazy. I'm just tired."
  • "I don't have a temper. People are just annoying."
  • "I'm not legalistic. I'm just faithful."
  • "I'm not critical. I'm just astute."
  • "I'm not greedy for money. I just like seeing things grow."
  • "I don't overcharge my credit card. I just enjoy good things."
  • "I'm not a workaholic. I'm just productive."
  • "I'm not ruthless. I just have sharp business sense."
  • "I'm not stingy. I'm just prudent."

No comments:

Post a Comment