Loved by God.

My photo
Chicago, IL, United States
* It's good to suffer loss, for it draws me to the Cross where God's loss is more than what anyone ever lost. * We cannot hear what the stories of the Bible are saying until we hear them as stories about ourselves. * Let go of control. * Trust God. Thank God. Think about God. Talk to God. Talk about God.

Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Suscipe of St. Ignatius of Loyola

The word "suscipe" is Latin for "receive."

The Suscipe is a Catholic prayer written by St. Ignatius of Loyola. It is a surrender to God. It is in his Spiritual Exercises, 1st published in the 16th century. The prayer goes back to monastic profession and reciting Psalm 119. The prayer is: 
  • "Take, Lord, and receive all my liberty, my memory, my understanding, and my entire will, all I have and call my own".
  • "You have given all to me. To you, Lord, I return it".
  • "Everything is yours; do with it what you will".
  • "Give me only your love and your grace".

No comments:

Post a Comment