Loved by God.

My photo
Chicago, IL, United States
* It's good to suffer loss, for it draws me to the Cross where God's loss is more than what anyone ever lost. * We cannot hear what the stories of the Bible are saying until we hear them as stories about ourselves. * Let go of control. * Trust God. Thank God. Think about God. Talk to God. Talk about God.

Wednesday, July 28, 2021

My 7 Rules to Not Gain Weight and Have a Belly!

The TRUTH:  The "ONLY" way to loose weight is to decrease calorie intake.

As a foodie I love to eat. But I'll gain weight, which I hate, which is then very hard to lose. So I have RULES to not gain weight and not have a belly:
  1. * Weigh myself daily. Don't go over 160 lbs. I prefer 150 lbs. but that seems impossible.
  2. No breakfast. Only black coffee.
  3. No sugarno carbs, no "W's" (Tom Brady):
    • no white sugar,
    • no white rice,
    • no white bread,
    • no white potatoes,
    • no white pasta,
    • no white milk.
    • [I also avoid pop, pizza crust, ice cream, doughnuts, cookies, chocolate, etc. But I cheat and break this rule maybe once a week!] Eat more vegetables and protein.
  4. Intermittent fasting for 12-16 hours every day. No calories after dinner the night before till lunch the next day [for eg. from 8 pm to noon -- 16 hours].
  5. Drink lots of water. 8 cups or more every day.
  6. "Enjoy" hungry feelings. I don't have to eat just because I feel hungry, which happens throughout the day every single day!
  7. Stop eating before I feel completely full.
  8. [Not recommended but it works for me on occasion.] A shot of bourbon--which has no carbs--to delay lunch for a few hours.
You Need to Obey Rules to be Free (and to loose weight)We like freedom: "I'm free to do whatever I want." So we don't like rules: "Do this, don't do that." But freedom without rules will lead to a loss of freedom (and weight gain).
  • I don't keep these rules rigidly but I am always conscious of them when I break them, so as to make up for them...especially to loose the weight after I've gained a few lbs.
  • Exercise is important, but exercise is not primarily for weight loss but for building muscle. Those who exercise might excuse and justify themselves to eat more.

No comments:

Post a Comment