Loved by God.

My photo
Chicago, IL, United States
* It's good to suffer loss, for it draws me to the Cross where God's loss is more than what anyone ever lost. * We cannot hear what the stories of the Bible are saying until we hear them as stories about ourselves. * Let go of control. * Trust God. Thank God. Think about God. Talk to God. Talk about God.

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Verses That "Did Me"


"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock" (Mt 7:24). [A Rock Solid Life.]

What are some of my "hear and do" verses? Verses that "did me" and that led to self-discovery, enlightenment and transformation.
  1. Gen 1:2. I found my true self.
  2. Gen 2:16-17. This led to my conversion.
  3. Mt 6:33. This prioritized my life, along with Lk 9:23. Otherwise it is too easy to be driven by ego, selfish ambition, pleasures.
  4. 1 Cor 15:36. In some peculiar way, this gave me courage and conviction to marry.
  5. Ex 20:5. This is my parenting verse. It helped me practice my two favorite pair of words: "fear and trembling" (Phil 2:12) and "humility and tears" (Ac 20:19).
  6. Mt 11:29, 28-30. Humility (and gentleness) should be the foundation of my character (Mt 5:3; Phil 4:5).
  7. Prov 29:25. I discovered the key to boldness and confidence.
  8. Jer 31:3. This gave me reassurance at one of my lowest points of life.
  9. Mt 5:23-24. There is never any excuse not to always seek reconciliation.
  10. Ac 20:27. This gave me the motivation of the scope of Scripture I should strive for.
  11. Ac 20:24. This gave me a singular focus. Kiekegaard said, "Purity of heart is to will one thing" (Mt 5:8).
  12. My trifecta of Grace (Ac 20:24), rest (Mt 11:28) and freedom (Gal 5:1; 2 Cor 3:17), in contrast to faith, hope and love (1 Cor 13:13). With grace I never have to prove anything to anyone. With rest, I am never tired or bummed out. With freedom I will never be enslaved.

No comments:

Post a Comment