Loved by God.

My photo
Chicago, IL, United States
* It's good to suffer loss, for it draws me to the Cross where God's loss is more than what anyone ever lost. * We cannot hear what the stories of the Bible are saying until we hear them as stories about ourselves. * Let go of control. * Trust God. Thank God. Think about God. Talk to God. Talk about God.

Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Confrontation, Conversion and Calling (Isaiah 6)

https://www.facebook.com/ben.toh.9/posts/10159744412734490 Sermon in Ukraine on Nov 7, 2021.
My eyes have seen the almighty holy God. "I saw the Lordmy eyes have seen the King, the LORD Almighty" (Isaiah 6:1, 5).
  1. Do you want to "see" God (Isa 6:1, 5)? Have you?
    • What does it mean to "see" God? To confront a vision of God (Isa 6:1-4; Jn 1:14; Judg 13:22; Exo 33:20)?
    • Do you have a memorable "(God) moment" in your life (Jn 1:39)?
    • Did Isaiah see Jesus (Jn 12:41)?
    • What does it mean that God is "holy, holy, holy" (Isa 6:3; Rev 4:8)? That "the whole earth is full of his glory" (Isa 6:3; 5:30)?
    • Is your God big (Isa 6:1, 5) and your problems small, or are you problems big because your God is small?
  2. How do you know if you are saved? How is one saved (Isa 6:5-7)? What does it mean to:
    • be convicted of sin (Isa 6:5a)? Have you felt woe? Doomed by your sins (Lk 5:8; Rev 1:17)?
    • confess sin (Isa 6:5b; Ps 51:4)?
    • be cleansed of sin (Isa 6:6-7)?
    • be changed (2 Cor 5:17, 21)?
  3. Could Isaiah not hear "the voice of the Lord" before Isaiah 6:8? Why (Isa 59:2)?
  4. What does it mean to you--personally and practically--to be called by God and to serve God (Isa 6:8-13; 66:2Eph 4:1; Gal 2:20; Phil 1:27; 1 Pet 5:2)?
  5. What does God caution about calloused people (Isa 6:9-10)? Can a person become worse after studying the Bible and after knowing the Bible? Why (1 Cor 1:22-23; Mt 7:26-27; Jas 1:22-24)?
"Christians are missionaries by necessity because all that we are and do only makes sense if what we are and do is done in the name of Jesus." Stanley Hauerwas, Sent: The Church is Mission (Sermon, 7/4/2010), Working With Words: On Learning to Speak Christian.
"Give me a man in love; he knows what I mean. Give me one who yearns; give me one who is hungry; give me one far away in this desert, who is thirsty and sighs for the spring of the eternal country. Give me that sort of man; he knows what I mean. But if I speak to a cold man, he just does not know what I am talking about." Augustine.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete