Loved by God.

My photo
Chicago, IL, United States
* It's good to suffer loss, for it draws me to the Cross where God's loss is more than what anyone ever lost. * We cannot hear what the stories of the Bible are saying until we hear them as stories about ourselves. * Let go of control. * Trust God. Thank God. Think about God. Talk to God. Talk about God.

Thursday, August 9, 2018

The Kind of Man Paul Was (Acts 20:17-38)

What kind of a person are you? Truly?

As I was preparing for my bilateral knee replacement (Aug, 10, 2018), I obviously desired a good result from my surgery. But I realized that the kind of person I become and how I respond following the surgery is far more important than the good outcome of the surgery.

I began to think about the kind of man I should be. Paul's farewell address to the Ephesian elders came to mind, as Paul spoke freely from the heart expressing the kind of man he was.

What kind of man was Paul? What kind of person should I be as a man, a Christian and a leader?

Consider these 14 nouns that describes the kind of man Paul was:
  1. Transparency (Ac 20:18): You know how I live.
  2. Humility (Ac 20:19). I serve God with great humility.
  3. Vulnerability (Ac 20:19). I serve God with tears.
  4. Tenacity (Ac 20:20, 22-23, 25). I have not hesitated to preach, despite hardships.
  5. Inclusivity (Ac 20:21a). I preach to both Jews and Greeks.
  6. Clarity (Ac 20:21b). People must turn to God.
  7. Priority/Singularity (Ac 20:24). My only aim is to testify to the gospel of God's grace.
  8. Integrity (Ac 20:26, 33). I am innocent. I covet no one.
  9. Totality (Ac 20:27). I proclaim the whole counsel of God.
  10. Responsibility (Ac 20:28). Oversee and shepherd others.
  11. Melancholy (Ac 20:29-31). I never stopped warning you with tears.
  12. Sanctity (Ac 20:32). I commit to God who sanctifies.
  13. Industry (Ac 20:34-35a). I showed you hard work.
  14. Generosity (Ac 20:35b). More blessed to give than to receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment